For the 30 of you that attended, good to see you all! For the 20 of you who did not , sorry we missed you.
To summarize meeting:
- We have 50 volunteers now. We can't add more unless some drop off. We need to have seats for our volunteers to watch the talks so we need to manage this number.
- We now know what TED is and what is the difference with TEDx. who missed,please watch this video to get caught up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRabMAqxwaE - Please make sure you know the major rules.
- The main thing is we must stick to our mission, ideas worth spreading. We can't have any commercial, political or religious motive... that means no sponsors who want to display their brand. Donating is cool but it has to be for the love of knowledge, not for financial gain.
- Eliza Lanway will be the chair of the Steering Committee and I will be co-chair. I will soon hand over the reigns of these emails to her.
- I must continue in the role of Organizer and I will handle communications with TED (I applied for the license so this cannot be delegated) and the Sponsored Programs office (my name is on the grant and I have to write a report so I want to manage that contact).
- All student chairs and staff co-chairs please reply to Eliza and me with your photo and short bio for the website.
- Committees will be organizing their own individual meetings. We still have some key positions unfilled so please let us know if you have an interest in being the student chair or staff co-chair of an unclaimed spot.